September 2, 2021
I hope this finds you well. I am writing to thank you for adhering to our COVID-19 visiting protocols and to share some new information. As the spread of COVID-19 continues to rise in San Diego County, we are very concerned for our residents, family members, staff, and visitors. As a reminder, our visiting protocols and mask rules are outlined below for each building on our Seacrest Campus.
Lee & Frank Goldberg Residence Court and Leichtag Assisted Living Residence:
Masks must be worn by residents and visitors when in common areas such as halls, activities, and lobby areas. In the dining room masks must be worn until seated for the meal. The exception to this is in our fitness center. Residents keeping a 6-foot distance from others are not required to wear masks while exercising.
Staff and visitors must wear masks when in contact with other residents. Masks are not required of visitors while inside and independent or assisted living apartment or during outside visits.
The Katzin Residence:
Only off the unit visits with masks are permissible at this time, unless otherwise arranged with management for medical reasons. We understand that there are certain medical limitations for some residents to wear masks in this building. All visitors to The Katzin Residence must check in at the main entrance off Saxony Lane unless unvaccinated, in which case you need to schedule an appointment by calling or emailing Jenny Jacobs whose information is below.
Joseph & Dorothy Goldberg Healthcare Center (skilled nursing unit):
At this time, all visitors, staff, and medical personnel must wear masks in and outside of the building while in contact with residents.
- Visits will be scheduled Sunday through Friday only, from 10am-4pm.
- To schedule a visit, please email Jenny Jacobs at email@example.com or call 760-516-2007.
- Once your visiting time is scheduled, visitors must check-in at the outside entrance. Temperatures will be taken and proof of vaccination will be required.
- Scheduled visits will only occur outside of the entrance or just inside the lobby.
- If you are unvaccinated, your visit must occur outside and you may not enter the building. In addition, unvaccinated visitors must also have tested negative within 72 hours of a visit and show proof of negative test.
- Visitors who arrive before their scheduled time will be asked to wait until it is their turn. Residents will be brought to the lobby to see family and friends.
- Visitors may not go beyond the lobby door to the inside corridor.
- All visitors will be provided with a KN95 mask which must be worn during the entire visit. Cloth masks are not allowed.
- Anyone not following mask and social distancing protocols will be asked to leave the campus.
We are pleased to inform you that Ron’s Pharmacy has agreed to come to the Seacrest campus to administer booster shots to Residents and staff. As soon as the FDA and ACIP (Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices) releases their guidance on when to administer a third (booster) shot we will inform every one of the dates of our on-campus clinics. Residents and staff who received their second vaccination shot after the January 20th shot clinic will be scheduled in the following month or months in accordance with recommended guidelines. More details will follow in an upcoming letter to you.
High Holy Day Services:
Services on the campus will only be for residents. Those who choose to attend in the Ellen & Ingram Chodorow Synagogue will be socially distanced. Friends and families are invited to watch services remotely by streaming services at www.livestream.com/Seacrest. We will also be streaming on our inhouse channel as usual for those residents who wish not to attend the live services.
Erev Rosh Hashanah Monday, September 6 6:30pm
Rosh Hashanah Tuesday, September 7 10:00am
Erev Yom Kippur (Kol Nidre) Wednesday, September 15 6:30pm
Yom Kippur Thursday, September 16 10:00am and 5:00pm
From our Seacrest Family to yours, we wish each of you and yours a good, safe, and healthy New Year.
President and CEO
The Melvin Garb Foundation Presidential Chair