July 14, 2021 (#2)
Dear Residents, Families and Associates –
As I indicated in my recent letter earlier today, if a new situation arose, we would need to act quickly. Sadly, we just learned that a culinary employee with symptoms tested positive after receiving a rapid test. This fully vaccinated employee works exclusively in the independent living residence and has not been in other buildings on the campus.
For this reason, only our Independent Living (IL) Residence will be impacted at this time. Until further notice no visitors will be allowed in our IL Residence, though all residents who reside in other levels of may receive visitors.
We have already begun contact tracing and most of our culinary staff have already been tested. Residents in our IL community who were not tested within the past week will be tested tomorrow, Thursday July 15 in your apartment. For questions, please feel free to contact Katie Park at email@example.com.
So once again, the Independent Living Residence will be in quarantine until we complete our testing and results are known. What does this mean?
- Meals will be delivered to resident rooms, and we ask that resident wear masks when food is brought to them.
- Our Life Enrichment program will be modified at this time. Volunteers and off-campus entertainment will not be allowed in our IL Residence, and staff will fill in during the quarantine period.
- Our religious services will not occur in the large synagogue and will resume on Channel 1390 for the time being.
- Mahjong, Rummikub, card games etc. should not occur at this time.
- Residents can leave apartments (masked and physically distanced) for short walks, taking out trash, and going to the mailroom.
- Beauty shop services, fitness center programs, and outside entertainment will not occur in the IL residence.
- Residents should refrain from visiting one another inside their apartments.
- If you have a medical appointment in the next few days, we ask that your please reschedule due to your possible exposure.
- Mel’s will reopen tomorrow as scheduled although IL residents should refrain from going there.
Residents who live in our Independent Living building, and who frequently visit family or friends in any of our healthcare operations, (Katzin Residence, Leichtag Family Assisted Living Residence and Goldberg Health Care Center) will need to refrain from visiting for a few days until we complete our testing and results are known.
If you have questions once again, please contact your building director. And finally, if residents and/or staff experience COVID-19 synonyms, please contact your supervisor or building director immediately.
We promise to update you as we know more, and trust that everyone will make decisions in the best interest of themselves and others.
Stay safe everyone as breakthrough cases is on the rise.
President and CEO
The Melvin Garb Foundation Presidential Chair