February 12, 2023
Good afternoon, Residents and Families,
Today we learned that six residents who live in Assisted Living (AL) and one employee who works in Assisted Living tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. The employee’s last day worked was February 10th. Contact tracing is taking place and those exposed will be notified. We continue to follow the CDC Guidelines and report this information to all mandated agencies.
This now makes a total of eight resident cases in AL, and as such, the following protocols are in place ONLY for our Assisted Living Residence.
- All AL residents will be served their meals in their apartments until further notice.
- Outside visits will be allowed, only for those not in quarantine.
- Programming will be limited, and those participating will be required to wear masks.
- A table will be outside our main entrance on Saxony Lane for anyone who would like to drop things off for residents in Assisted Living.
- Zoom or FaceTime visits can be arranged by initially contacting Mary Fawell, Director of Assisted Living at email@example.com.
Families of residents in all other buildings, please postpone your visit if you don’t feel well, have symptoms, or have been exposed to others who are sick. If this is the case, we would be happy to facilitate a zoom call with your loved one instead of an in-person visit. Residents, please wear your masks when you are in the common areas on campus, and when off campus, inside public places. This is one way to protect yourself and your fellow residents. If you have any symptoms, concerns, or questions, please contact our staff at any time.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. With everyone’s help, we will get through this latest surge.
Please stay safe everyone,
President and CEO
The Melvin Garb Foundation Presidential Chair