July 8, 2021
Good morning Seacrest Residents, Family Members, and Staff,
Last evening, we notified you that an Independent Living resident had tested positive and was hospitalized. I am saddened to say that after we notified you, we learned that two employees, who had contact with the resident and/or many others on campus, have also tested positive. The resident and the employees who have tested positive are fully vaccinated.
We have been informed by Scripps Hospital that breakthrough cases (COVID-19 in fully vaccinated people) are on the rise. Our Seacrest family is indeed experiencing it firsthand.
It goes without saying that we are extremely concerned about what is going on. Our resident remains in the hospital. Of our two employees who tested positive, one is home and not feeling well, and the other is asymptomatic. We all send our well wishes and know you join us in doing so.
As of 12pm today, July 8, 2021, the campus will be closed to ALL VISITORS with the exception of healthcare professionals.
This also includes our beauty shop services, fitness center programs, and outside entertainment will not occur, at minimum, for the next 7-days until we have the opportunity to complete our contact tracing and provide PCR testing to our residents and staff.
The Independent Living Community will be in quarantine for the next 7-days at minimum. What does this mean?
- Meals will be delivered to resident rooms, and we ask that resident wear masks when food is brought to them.
- Our Life Enrichment program will be modified at this time. Volunteers and off-campus entertainment will not be allowed on campus and staff will fill in during the quarantine period.
- Our religious services will not occur in the large synagogue and will resume on Channel 1390 for the time being
- Mahjong, Rummikub, card games etc. should not occur at this time.
- Residents can leave apartments (masked and physically distanced) for short walks, taking out trash, and going to the mailroom.
- Residents should refrain from visiting one another inside their apartments.
Meals will continue to be served in the dining rooms in the other resident buildings for the time being, and Life Enrichment programs will continue in smaller groups. Because we are doing our best to keep staff in their respective buildings, some of our ZOOM programs will be temporarily postponed.
Please understand we have tried to cover as much information as possible. We know that some of you will choose to leave the building. If you do so, please let us know so that we can keep this in mind as we conduct contact tracing and testing.
If you need anything, please ask your building managers. We are here for all of you.
President and CEO
The Melvin Garb Foundation Presidential Chair