December 16, 2021
Dear Residents, Families, and Associates,
Seacrest Village continues to monitor the evolving information about COVID-19 and, most recently, the Omicron variant.
Today, we know that this variant has been detected in San Diego which, while expected, gives us reason to ask that you continue to do everything possible to keep yourselves and others as safe as possible. Some new updates we also want to make sure you know about include the following:
Effective December 15, 2021,The California Department of Public Health, (CDPH)
has added a statewide requirement that masks are required for individuals in all indoor public settings, regardless of vaccination status from December 15, 2021, through January 15, 2022.
This does not include when patrons are eating or drinking. In addition, to enter “Mega Events”, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, or a negative COVID-19 antigen test conducted within 1 day of the event or a negative PCR test conducted 2 days before the event will be required.
CDPH also instituted a new Travel Advisory which states that all travelers arriving or returning to CA from other states or countries should follow the CDC Guidelines which state:
- All travelers arriving or returning to CA from other states or countries should test 3-5 days upon arrival.
- All travelers who test positive or develop symptoms of COVID-19 should isolate and follow public health recommendations.
We can be confident that our collective efforts have helped so far, and we sincerely ask you to do the following:
- Masks save lives so please wear them and don’t allow mask fatigue to change our behaviors towards them.
- Wash hands frequently.
- When indoors with those outside of your pod, even if all are vaccinated, it is best to wear a mask and social distance.
- Keep gatherings outside as much as possible.
- If gathering for the holidays encourage all attending to be vaccinated. This doesn’t mean you can’t get the virus, but it is an added layer of protection.
- If you are traveling away from Seacrest, we encourage you to let us know so that we can test you upon your return.
It remains our greatest hope that we will be able to keep this virus out of our community. In the meanwhile, I will be sending periodic updates to offer suggestions and information that might be helpful. If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to reach out to anyone on our leadership team.